Hinsdale, Ill. – Sept. 5, 2014 – After enduring months of unnecessary delays and a series of public relations stunts by the school board, the Hinsdale High School Teachers Association (HHSTA) has filed an unfair labor practice complaint with the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board (IELRB).
In the complaint, the teachers allege a series of bad faith negotiation practices by the board’s representatives throughout the summer negotiating sessions, including unfair practices that range from intimidation and threats to delaying tactics and regressive bargaining. While some of the board’s actions happened early in the summer, many of the most serious actions occurred as recently as the Aug. 4 school board meeting. Specific allegations include that the school board:
- Used improper avenues for negotiation
- Refused to provide financial and other information
- Engaged in regressive bargaining
- Issued untrue and unfounded statements accusing teachers of criminal behavior
- Unfairly and unnecessarily delayed negotiations
View original post 215 more words